Mold is not just unsightly when it appears in your home, it can also start to adversely affect the health of people who live there, especially anyone who has breathing difficulties. This is why you need to get rid of mold from your home as soon as possible. You may have heard that you can remove mold by using bleach; so is this true?
Bleach can help to remove mold from non-porous surfaces but it does not eradicate the problem completely. We are going to take a look at why using bleach is not an effective way of removing mold from your home and why seeking professional help is your best option.
Why is bleach not your best option for removing mold?
You may wonder why bleach is not completely effective at killing mold; after all it’s a pretty strong cleaning solution. The truth is that the chlorine in bleach does not penetrate porous materials such as wood or drywall so although the surface may look as though it’s clear of mold the roots of the mold are still present beneath the surface. This means that the mold will continue to grow. Using bleach may make your home look cleaner and mold free but the truth is actually hidden away.
What should you do if you think you have mold?
If you believe that you have a problem with mold in your home you should hire experts to carry out an inspection. Once the presence of mold has been confirmed you need to hire professionals in mold removal New Jersey to return your home to a mold free state. They will inspect your home and tell you how much the work is likely to cost. This work includes the identification of the water source which is causing the problem with mold within your home. Mold is always associated with water so there has to be some unwanted water somewhere that is causing the problem.
This water needs to be located and dried. The mold itself needs to be completely removed from your premises. It’s important that both of these actions are carried out as it’s the only way to prevent the mold from re-growing within your home. Once the work is complete you need to have your home re-tested for mold to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
If you have mold in your home it’s not a pleasant experience and you may be tempted to think that you can just get rid of the problem as quickly as possible using bleach. As you can see, this is not the best thing to do. Your home may look better but you will not have addressed the root of the problem. It’s important that you seek professional help with the removal of mold from your home so that you can be sure all of the mold has been successfully removed and the water source which was responsible for the mold has been identified and removed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.