Saving Energy in the Home [Infographic]
Brought to you by Ovo Energy the cheaper, greener and simpler energy supplier.
Some of the key points in the infographic above are:
- Gas ovens are more efficient and cheaper than electric ovens. If you have a choice, try to go for a gas oven to make sure you are saving energy at home.
- Are you a regular coffee or tea drinker? When boiling water for coffee or tea, be sure to remember to only boil what you will use to prevent wasted energy. We have all been guilty of over doing this one at some point.
- Save energy the lazy way by waiting to fill up your dish washer completely because washing dishes by hand uses more water and is less efficient…seems like a no brainer.
- Drink tap water more often. Drinking tap water is a really easy way to save money on the costs of bottled water. Bottled water is simply wasteful because of packaging, shipping, and trash. If you must have water on the go, pick up a re-usable water bottle.
- Partner Up. Two people living together makes for a total reduction in resources by combining two households into one. Besides…who doesn’t like sharing the utility costs, groceries, etc? Get out there and share the love.
Besides the great tips seen in the creative infographic above, we also have posted some useful saving energy tips on our blog in the past:
- Vampire Electronics
- Energy Efficient Outlets
- Smart Strips
- How to Go Green on a Budget
- Five Easy Ways to Help The Environment
Have anymore ideas on how to save energy in your home? Let us know about them. Also, please share the love on your social networks, nothing says you love us more than by sharing
Send them to JT[at]theenvironmentalblog.org or feel free to comment below.
Reasons to JOIN US include:
- It's absolutely FREE!
- Get Green Tips You MUST know about.
- How to's on going green, saving money, and having fun.
- Keep up-to-date on our posts in cased you missed them.