I am often asked the questions similar to the above and, usually, when I answer people are very surprised by what I say.
Now it's not for the reason you may think either, people are normally surprised by how easy it actually is to have a positive impact on the environment. Does it require a little extra work and effort? Well yes but one of the biggest misconceptions about going green is that it requires drastic lifestyle changes.
While there is certainly a scale to it, little things like using disposable party tableware at your next birthday party or family barbecue can have a big impact.
Below I have outlined some quick and simple ways you can have a positive impact on the environment, reduce waste and even save money!
Simple touches like using eco party supplies, biodegradable tableware and energy efficient lightbulbs can really make a big impact.
- Cut down on plastic, biodegradable tableware is great alternative.
- Have your own shopping bag with you.
- If you're celebrating a special occasion, use eco party supplies instead.
- Get some house plants, they can help reduce the levels of pollution.
- Buy local and support independent farmers.
- Use biodegradable products, these come in many forms including biodegradable tableware.
- Recycle plastics, metals and pretty much anything you can.
- Walk more to cut down on emissions.
- Wash clothes using a cold water wash instead, it saves a lot of energy.
- Don't litter, we know pubic bins aren't always close by but even a little litter can have a big impact.
- Have your own water bottle instead of constantly buying bottled water.
That's just a few tips to follow if you want to ensure you have a positive impact on the environment. Remember to start small and work your way up, you don't have to trade your car in for a hybrid to have a positive impact on the environment. Little things like using eco party supplies at your next birthday, or reusing wrapping paper, can do a lot to reduce waste.
Breaking out of old habits isn't always easy but sooner or later it will become second nature and you won't just be making the planet healthier but yourself as well!
Why Should I Have A Positive Impact on The Environment?
So we have looked at the how, now let's take a look at the why, there's many reasons you should try to have a positive impact on the environment. It will create a healthier and cleaner environment for one thing but it will also help combat waste and pollution on a more global scale. Let's look at some main reasons why everyone should try to have a positive impact on the environment.
- It's healthier whether you're using biodegradable tableware or eating organic food, going green is sure to improve your health.
- It will save you money in the long run, energy efficient light bulbs may cost more at first but they use up less energy.
- It makes the environment healthier, this can have big benefits for everyone but especially for people who suffer from conditions like asthma.
- Buying local, organic foods will also boost your local economy as well.
- Going green can also help you feel more productive and give you a sense of accomplishment.
That's just a few of the benefits of having a positive impact on the environment and while it may sound a little cliché by being environmentally friendly you will be creating a better future for everyone.
So remember the next time you're shopping for a diner set why not consider biodegradable tableware instead, or instead of going to supermarket buy local or simply walk instead of driving for a couple of days a week. Small steps like those can have a huge positive impact on the environment and make a big difference.