The problem of environmental issues has become so urgent that many students decide to take it for their academic research paper writing. This topic is so broad that one can observe it at the interdisciplinary level. If you want to analyze this subject effectively but you cannot organize your paper without an expert’s help, these basic guidelines will make your work easier.
Method #1: Prepare for Writing
- Learn about the Problem. It is difficult to prepare an indigenous research paper on environmental issues if you do not read about the findings of the classic authors. Some students think that their ideas and writing approach are uncommon and innovative. However, a specific ‘original’ thought can be found in the book that was published many years ago. If you want to avoid such surprises, you should read about your subject a lot. What is more, reading credible authors and their profound articles, you understand the problem much better. New ideas and concepts come into your head and you generate new solutions and categories. You absorb in the topic and catch its slightest elements. Do not forget that every source you read will be useful for writing whereas you can utilize quotations and borrow authors’ genuine ideas.
- Choose the Best Sources and Make Notes. High-quality research papers can be written with the assistance of the credible sources. When you rely on the second-rate books, journals and the Internet articles, you accumulate dubious facts that can spoil the scientific value of your investigation. Thus, use the sources that have solid authority among the prominent scholars and teachers. You can even ask your advisor about the proper choice of the reliable authors whose ideas can be used in your paper. When you read a source, you are supposed to make notes carefully. It will help you collect more facts. Moreover, the accuracy of your notes will help you avoid accusations of plagiarism. When you cite a quotation, do not forget to note the author, the book’s title and the page.
The more books you read about environmental issues, the better your research project will be.
Method #2: Project Your Research
- Make a Plan. You will hardly prepare a good and concise research paper if you do not plan it profoundly. Think about the categories and chosen environmental issues that will find their place in your paper. A detailed outline will be the best support for you. Write down every section and subcategory in the chronological order. Make sure, every new related problem continues the previous one. The audience should read your paper fluently and understand your point of view and intentions.
You can write a two-page text about the structure and the main idea of your investigation. It will help you construct a sound outline on the basis of this brief summary.
Method #3: Write Your Research Paper
- Make a Good Introduction. The foremost section of every research is its introduction. Devote two pages to the brief presentation of your topic and your goals. What do you want to achieve? Why are environmental issues so relevant nowadays? What methods will you utilize to research this problem? In addition, you should invent a sound thesis statement that will illustrate the purpose of your investigation. For example, ‘Environmental issues determine our lifetime on Earth’. It means that humanity will die if we do not improve the ecological environmental.
- Write the Main Chapters. The main body of your research paper should contain the general analysis of the existing environmental issues. It is wise to devote some place to their cause and effect. You can observe all existing ecological problems or focus on several issues and observe them in detail. Bear in mind that you should devote one paragraph to every thought. If you insert several categories into one paragraph, it will be difficult to catch your point of view. Care about the reader in this case. Finish the main body of your paper with the discussion of the enumerated issues. How can we solve them? Generate several solutions to the environmental problems and evaluate their effectiveness. Mention the factors (economic, political, social) that do not allow people to defeat the mentioned problems.
- Make a Conclusion. Finish your research paper about environmental issues with a professional conclusion. Discuss the effectiveness of your research, evaluate your findings and focus on the most disturbing ecological problems of our time. Is it possible to solve them? What should we do to improve the current situation? Say whether your research is useful for an average person and your discipline.
You can add graphs, tables and images to improve the quality of your written research paper. The topics of this kind can be understood better with the additional visual materials.