Know Your Ocean [infographic]
Infographic brought to you by: One World One Ocean
The world is facing a problem of overfishing. It is a big problem that could lead to a collapse in the fishing industry or at the very least we could suffer a decline in common fish species available in our everyday food supply. Sustainable fishing practices, however, is something we can implement to make sure we are wisely choosing our seafood so that endangered species aren’t threatened into extinction.
A couple scary facts that this infographic rightly points out:
- 80% of fish are harvested at or above the maximum sustainable yield, or have collapsed
- The global fishing fleet is big enough to catch 2.5x what the ocean produces
Some really good seafood guides are available at:
- Marine Stewardship Council
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Aquarium of the Pacific Seafood For the Future
Reasons to JOIN US include:
- It's absolutely FREE!
- Get Green Tips You MUST know about.
- How to's on going green, saving money, and having fun.
- Keep up-to-date on our posts in cased you missed them.