The Breakdown on Plastics [infographic]
“Plastics Breakdown” infographic by One World, One Ocean. Click on the image to view full size.
Everyday citizens are using a ton of plastic in our everyday lives. It is literally in everything from toys, packaging, plastic bags, to kitchenware. Plastics are made from oil and contain toxins which could potentially absorb even more toxins. Since plastic is everywhere, it is also in our oceans and is disrupting marine life, entangling various bird and fish species and it does not biodegrade.
Luckily, there are ways we can help.
How you can help:
- Use less plastic.
- Properly dispose your trash.
- Recycle plastic when possible.
- Volunteer for Coastal or River Cleanups
- Stop using single-use plastic products including:
- straws and plastic utensils
- plastic-ware like cups or plates
- bottled water
- plastic bags
We can all do our part to help reduce plastic use where possible and help keep our environment clean and safe for everyone.
Reasons to JOIN US include:
- It's absolutely FREE!
- Get Green Tips You MUST know about.
- How to's on going green, saving money, and having fun.
- Keep up-to-date on our posts in cased you missed them.